Skip to main content

Independence

Independent

I want to be more independent for my New Years resolution, because it’s hard for me to say no to someone or hard to be myself around other people. And it helps me find the real me and who I want to be instead of following what others do. This word connects to my life by helping me understand that, people can’t take control over you if you don’t let them. And it teaches my not to be as gullible and I become more bold and straight forward. This word means everything to me, it will help me get through in life and help me to find out what 8 want to be when I grow up. My first step to live this word is, whenever someone asks me to do something I don’t wanna do I’m gonna say no and that’s it, no excuses just no. Because if I continue letting people control me I won’t be able to do anything by myself. I’ll hold myself accountable by taking time to explore who I am and to take full control over myself overtime. This word connect to multiple areas of my life, one, because, you know how everyone likes rap? I like just not certain songs I’m more into pop than rap but to be honest, I would only listen to rap because other people did but now I just don’t care. Two, being myself, and to be a leader not following after anyone else’s tracks. Three, like I said saying no to something I don’t want to do and they can’t do anything about it if I say no because no means no. My New Year independent will help me improve and shape my life how I want it to be, not how anyone else thinks or believes my life should end up

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Identity

I have many things that define me. Not by just looks but by my culture and family and lifestyle. Of course I am black/African American. I have a long history of bad things and good things that has happened to my culture. My family is Christian and we love to go to church. Our family is actually known and for generations passed down to sing. We are very spiritual and when I'm over my mom's house we usually listen to gospel music. I am a brother of 2 and an uncle of 3. My brother and sister both have kids, Daylena and DaS'hown. And my brother has 1 child that is a girl; Shonti. And my sister has 2 boys, Joshua who turned four on september 18th and my other nephew Jordan who turned 1 year old in July 21st. My mom is a really great cook, but she inspired me to want to be a professional cook, I want to learn how to cook better than her. Even though I am only 13, I still have jobs like most 13 year olds have a job to be students. But I have my own jobs probably a lot of people...

Life Experiences

       All of the life experiences I've ever had taught me a lot. Including my 2 nephews being born. One  of my most joyful days happened on September 21st, 2013. I became an uncle! His name was Joshua and he was my sister's baby, but to get the baby out.... She needed a c-section which is where the doctors cut her open. At this time I was walking to school and it was nice and sunny outside with the wind whistling through the air, *Ding* it was a text from my mom... and it was a picture of my little nephew. My mouth opened up wide, I couldn't believe that I was an uncle, it felt like joy and excitement both punched me at the same time. During school I couldn't stop talking about how excited I was to become an uncle. But then something brought me back in time thinking about...... *Rewind 5 Months*      It was a cold cold day, I had grabbed my bag and went to school, but I forgot to grab something important and I ran out the door so my dad c...

All Grown Up

Where I would be in 10 years would be a cook. (I have back up jobs which are a building manager or a lawyer because they make lots of money.) When I'm all grown up I'll have a nice house with three of my dream cars, a Flex which is a car that can hold like 12 people I've been in one on the way to church carrying all the members. Another car would be a drop top Mercedes, I want a drop top because I like the wind blowing in my face on the expressway and it looks really awesome, I've been in a drop top car only once in my whole entire life. Lastly the car that I would want would be a 3 wheeled motorcycle because I don't know how to ride a bike so the 3 wheels would help. But, I'd love for my nice house to be fully furnished and have a big beautiful garden. A long time from now I see my self cooking for people in my own restaurant and living a normal life. Later on in life I would be living with my girlfriend because at 23 I would be too young for a wife even though...